Senior accounting officer at 100%
Based in Geneva
Starting date: March 2021
Based in Geneva, and reporting to the Group Accounting Manager, the Senior accounting officer will supervise and coach two accounting associates and perform general accounting operations with the main objective of delivering the highest standards of accounting in a timely manner.
The Senior accounting officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage on a daily basis Geneva-based accounting;
- Lead monthly/quarterly HQ soft accounting close in a timely manner;
- Review and validate HQ and offices transactions and tasks as per the two-level validation principle (booking of AP invoices, general journal entries, monthly payroll, fixed assets depreciation, review of office reports, balance sheet reconciliations);
- Perform monthly & quarterly accounting tasks (prepaid allocation, consolidation of salary allocations) and controls;
- Ensure production of quality of consolidated accounting and financial information especially in relation to general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivables, transaction reporting within the organization;
- Monthly reconciliations and follow up of vendors and other balance sheet accounts;
- Perform the intercompany accounting, which includes preparing and posting monthly intercompany transactions, reconciliations and settlements;
- Responsible for HD ERP update with exchange rates and monthly revaluations as well as setting up and maintaining HD ERP (Chart of accounts, analytical dimensions, user rights);
- Support the revision or creation of standard operating procedure or policies related to accounting, the creation of an accounting manual applicable to all offices as well as training material.
The successful candidate should ideally meet the following criteria:
- Commercial education, with an accounting diploma or in preparation of such a diploma a plus;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in AP & GL accounting and reporting (minimum 8 years experience at accounting officer level);
- Excellent accounting and technical skills and knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics BC a plus);
- Experience with multi-currency organisation is required, knowledge of SWISS GAAP a plus;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English & French;
- Strong Excel skills and great attention to detail;
- Sense of responsibility, flexibility and team spirit.
- Ability to multi-task, respect processes and meet deadlines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above described qualifications, please send a complete file (CV, motivation letter, diplomas and work certificates by 3 March 2021 to email@example.com.
Please indicate “Senior accounting officer” in the subject line of your email.
HD is an equal opportunity employer.