Project Officer – East Asia
Location: Seoul (or flexible within East Asia)
Start date: As soon as possible
HD is seeking a full-time Project Officer for a temporary period of nine months (which could be extended based on performance and funding availability). The Project Officer will contribute to HD’s project focused on the Korean Peninsula and South East Asia by supporting the Senior Programme Manager both administratively and substantively, closely following up on the implementation of the project.
- Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, the Project Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Program Manager in coordinating the day-to-day management of the project;
- Draft project/fundraising proposals, budgets and narrative/review reports;
- Contribute to overseeing the work of project-related consultants and manage administration of consultants (contracts and invoices);
- Oversee day-to-day grant and financial management of the project, including:
-Maintaining the budget;
-Preparing, developing and overseeing financial project documentation and financial reports;
-Monitoring and highlighting grant requirements for relevant donors as well as ensuring eligibility of all costs;
- Monitor the political situation of specific regions, developments relating to the conflict(s) and the impact on the respective project, as well as research and analyse subjects related to the project;
- Conceptualise and formulate meeting agendas; draft meeting reports and mission notes and take the lead in organising all meetings and events for the project;
- Generate ideas and suggestions to project substance;
- Together with the Senior Program Manager and Project Associate, establish, maintain and strengthen links with related parties and partners, including donors; liaise with high level external parties;
- Represent and promote HD in different contexts to parties and outside audience in the region;
- As a member of the team, carry out periodic visits to the region as needed /possible and maintain a good working knowledge of the facts on the ground.
- Fluency in English and working proficiency in Korean;
- Strong knowledge of the Korean Peninsula and the Southeast Asian region;
- Relevant university degree, such as international relations, law, history, political science or equivalent;
- Knowledge of and commitment to conflicts resolution and related humanitarian issues with at least 5 years of experience in related areas;
- Another Asian language is an asset.
Personality: The successful applicant should be politically astute and possess strong organisational and communication skills. A flexible team player, s/he must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
If you’re interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 19 April 2021 to HRSingapore@hdcentre.org.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment and women are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be expected to have the right to work in their current location in East Asia. HD is not able to provide assistance to obtain any form of employment permit.