Project Officer – Yemen
Based in Geneva
Starting date: August 2020
To support the work of the overall Yemen team on operational, logistical, financial and programmatic
work, HD is currently looking for a Project Officer – Yemen at 100%.
The Project Officer (PO) will closely follow up the implementation of the project and monitor project’s
compliance with strategic framework and internal procedures and policies.
The PO will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the Project Manager (PM) in coordinating the day-to-day management of the project, including all operational, administrative, financial and security aspects of the project, as well as maintain contacts with donors and liaise with high-level external parties;
- Draft project/fundraising proposals including concepts notes and narrative projects proposals;
- Together with the PM, maintain and strengthen links with related parties;
- Keep an up to-date overview of operational matters in the project, resolve or report challenges to program delivery and anticipate future programmatic requirements and development needs;
- Monitor and evaluate the projects according to HD project lifecycle model;
- Oversee the work of project-related consultants;
- Work closely with the Finance Officer on the budget and financial reporting as well as support the realisation of forecast and budgets;
- Contribute to the conceptualisation and formulation of meetings agendas, concept notes, draft meeting reports and mission notes for all the different meetings attended;
- Monitor the political and security situation, developments relating to the conflict and the impact on the project;
- Undertake assessments and explore possible new initiatives and help identify, pursue and support new mediation work in the region related to the Yemen crisis;
- Contribute to the organisation of meetings and events in Yemen and abroad in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinators.
The successful candidate must have:
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar function;
- A Master’s degree in international relations, law, politics or mediation;
- Knowledge of and commitment to conflict resolution
- Political astuteness;
- Strong command of English, fluent in Arabic (oral and written), and knowledge of French is an asset);
- Strong experience in working and handling logistics in Yemen as well in cooperating with representative of state institutions;
- Ability to frequently travel to Yemen and neighbouring countries.
Personality: The successful candidate should be capable of multi-tasking and meet tight deadlines. S/he must be a flexible team player and have strong social, communication and organisational skills. S/he should be able to take initiative and to engage and create rapport with people from different lines of work and from different cultural backgrounds.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send a complete file
(CV, motivation letter, diplomas and work certificates) to the following address
firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 June 2020.