The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is looking for a Project Officer South Asia.
Location: South or Southeast Asia
Starting date: as soon as possible
HD’s work in South and Southeast Asia is focused on meaningfully encouraging conflicting parties to develop greater political will and readiness to engage in dialogue for a negotiated and sustainable political solution to end conflict. The primary output of the Project Officer South Asia is to support the daily operations of HD’s projects in relation to South Asia and to help explore opportunities for possible new lines of work in this region.
The Project Officer, in close cooperation with HD’s South Asia Coordinator and HD’s Senior Adviser for South Asia will:
1. Coordinate the daily operations and help design and implement HD’s work on the Bay of Bengal.
2. Help develop/maintain relations with key interlocutors and relevant stakeholders (governments, partner organizations, civil society, relevant international organizations (UN)) in South Asia.
3. Help develop strategies, write project proposals and secure funding for HD’s work.
4. Prepare the budgets, manage the funds, and ensure financial oversight is guaranteed;
5. Represent HD in interactions with (potential) donors where needed;
Education: A relevant university degree in the field of conflict resolution or international relations, political science, etc.
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of relevant languages in South Asia would be a plus.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above please send your CV and a Motivation letter to the following address HRSingapore@hdcentre.org by 3 June 2022. Please include “Project Officer South Asia” in the subject line of your email.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment and women are encouraged to apply.