Project Associate Iraq
Based in Baghdad/Beirut
Start date: As soon as possible
HD’s mediation efforts in Iraq aim to promote the stability of the country through inclusive and sustainable dialogue between local actors and the Iraqi Government.
HD seeks to recruit a Project Associate to join its Iraq team to support it both administratively and substantively. Reporting to the Project Manager and in direct contact with the Project Officer, the Project Associate will have the following responsibilities.
- Monitor the political and security situation in Iraq, as well as developments relating to the conflicts and their impact on the respective projects;
- Contribute to drafting narrative and analytical reports, including monthly updates, as well as interim and final reports to donors;
- Draft weekly press reviews on Iraq;
- Attend meetings and rounds of dialogue to assist in taking minutes, drafting correspondence and reports, as well as collecting and compiling meeting information;
- Produce research and analysis on subjects related to the projects;
- Assist with the Monitoring and evaluation of the project according to HD’s and donors’ M&E models (Logical Framework and Performance Monitoring Framework);
- Maintain regular contact with the consultants and keep an up to-date overview of operational matters, resolves or reports challenges to programme delivery; anticipates future requirements and development needs;
- Assist with logistics of and coordination of meetings and events in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator and Project Officer, communication with project interlocutors among logistical arrangements related to meetings.
- Assist with contractual arrangements of consultants (contracts, procedures, expenses claim, controlling invoices and following-up on signatures);
- Assist in the preparation of draft budgets and forecasts;
- Any other ad-hoc task as requested.
- Master’s degree in a relevant area, such as international relations, law, history, political science or equivalent;
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic. Strong command of written and spoken English, good knowledge of French is a plus.
- Previous knowledge of conflict resolution/mediation or humanitarian field would be a plus
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar function;
- Strong organisational and research skills;
- Good knowledge of the region and its politics.
Personality: The successful applicant should be able to handle sensitive information. A flexible team player, s/he must be extremely reliable with the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
If you are interested in this position and meet the required qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 28 February 2021 to email@example.com.