Project Associate at 100%
The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is currently looking for a Project Associate.
Starting date: as soon as possible
HD works with all parties to the conflict to de-escalate tensions, reduce the risks of conflict and establish a conducive environment for peace negotiations. The Project Associate will contribute to the implementation of specific projects, prepare reports and analysis and organise meetings.
The Project Associate will have the following responsibilities in the Ukraine program:
- Coordinate on the ground on specific projects, including: cross contact line Svyatogorsk group, transitional justice (TJ), and projects co-organised with HD’s partners, as needed.
- Provide backup in preparing updates on political developments and substantive issues, when needed.
- Assist in research on specific topics, as mandated by participants in HD’s discreet dialogue tracks.
- Track progress on key legislation, e.g. laws on amnesty, transitional justice, and other issues relevant to the conflict.
- Follow specific issues in detail, depending on the team’s needs;
- Assist in organising visits and meetings for HD staff;
- Build on HD’s network among relevant interlocutors in Kyiv, including political figures, civil society, think tanks and others;
- Travel within Ukraine or abroad as needed;
- Assist the project team in any other way, as the situation requires.
- Proofreading translation of HD’s documents for external use including in discreet dialogues.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Relevant experience in Ukraine;
- Relevant University-level degree;
- 2-3 years of professional experience;
- Strong command of written and spoken Ukrainian, Russian and English;
- Some prior knowledge of conflict resolution/mediation or the humanitarian field;
- A sense of confidentiality;
- A diplomatic manner in dealing with interlocutors;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Research and information analysis skills;
- Experience in planning meetings and events;
- Reliability, and flexibility in implementing assigned tasks and a strong team spirit;
- Willingness to perform administrative tasks as needed.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send a complete file (CV, motivation letter, diplomas and work certificates) to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st June 2021.
Please indicate Project Associate, Kyiv in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment.