Mediation Support and Learning Officer
Based in Geneva, full-time position
Starting date: January 2020
The Mediation Support and Policy Team (MESU) provides operational support, advice on strategy and process design, as well as support for evaluation and learning to strengthen the effectiveness of HD’s activities. Supporting more than 40 of HD’s projects, the MESU team assists the organisation’s mediation efforts though providing access to expertise, as well as facilitating trainings and workshops. MESU also engages with the wider mediation community on both policy and practice.
Working closely with the Mediation Support and Learning Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Lead in designing and delivering learning events such as HD’s Global Learning Workshop as well as regional and national retreats;
- Design and facilitate other learning-related activities, including after action reviews, peer reviews, and staff inductions;
- Provide substantive technical advice on mediation and dialogue efforts, either by being deployed to the field or remotely;
- Help foster innovative and creative approaches to mediation and dialogue within HD;
- Facilitate brainstorming and/or mediation process design workshops with project teams and other counterparts;
- Design and publish HD guidance material and/or papers on mediation-related issues;
- Support the design, organisation and delivery of HD seminars and workshops;
- Support institutional relationships with donors and partner organisations.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Advanced university degree in political science, law or international relations or a related field;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience, including field experience related to peace processes and organising learning events;
- Excellent facilitation skills to promote critical thinking and divergent analyses;
- Mastery of the English language; proficiency in French would be an asset;
- Strong writing and analytical skills;
- Strong organisational skills with the capacity to work autonomously and deliver timely results;
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate effectively across cultures.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 8 December 2019 to email@example.com. Both CV and cover letter should be in one pdf document with your full name in the title.