IT Specialist at 100%
The IT Specialist will assist the IT Manager in monitoring, planning and coordinating the installation, implementation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of IT infrastructure systems and equipment. S/he will provide high-level technical support and participate in the maintenance activities with the IT Team Members.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor, plan and coordinate the installation, implementation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of IT infrastructure systems (including the organisation’s servers and network) and equipment;
- Participate in carrying out project initiatives with the IT Manager (enhancement on servers and network, migration, security management, data management, data security protocol, cloud, etc.) and take the lead in the absence of the IT Manager;
- Provide high-level technical support (Level 2 and Level 3) on a daily basis and resolve escalations from the IT Help Desk;
- Ensure onsite and offsite technical support and provide remote support as needed to guarantee the efficient use of all IT infrastructure;
- Ensure that employees’ computers and devices can successfully connect to networks and access business-critical data at all times;
- Maintain appropriate internal IT documentation (procedures, guideline, etc.) and ensure their implementation in accordance with HD’s standards, policies and protocols;
- Monitor and follow-up on asset databases and ensure data security, data saving, availability and user access, etc.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
3 years’ experience in a similar role (with a minimum of 1-2 years’ in supporting and troubleshooting hardware & software problems in a Microsoft / AD-based environment);
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting various technical equipment such as laptops, videoconferencing systems, mobiles, etc.;
- Very good skills with Windows, AD, DNS;
- Very good skills with networks (LAN, WAN, WiFi, VPN);
- Good skills with VMware;
- Fluency in English and French is required;
- Knowledge of MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, MS Dynamic 365, MS Skype for Business, MS Teams, MS Azure AD are a plus;
- Experience in IT system migration is an asset.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send a complete file (CV, motivation letter, diplomas and work certificates) to the following address email@example.com by May 10th 2021. Please indicate IT Specialist in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment.