Gender and Inclusion Project Associate at 100%
The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is currently looking for a Gender and Inclusion Project Associate.
Location : Geneva
12-months contract, renewable
Starting date: as soon as possible
The Gender and Inclusion Project Associate will support HD’s Gender and Inclusion programme lead in a range of institutional development, operational support, capacity building and research tasks across HD’s portfolio, and contribute to the further development and implementation of the Gender and Inclusion programme.
The Project Associate will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design, planning, coordination, implementation and continuous improvement of HD’s gender and inclusion institutional development and operational initiatives;
- Support the design, coordination and implementation of capacity building tools and events, including online trainings and digital learning tools;
- Support and advise project teams on operationalising gender-mainstreaming and inclusion, as well as project design;
- Propose, design, contribute to and pilot innovative approaches for inclusive peacemaking and mediation initiatives;
- Support results capturing and reporting to senior management and donors;
- Conduct research on gender issues and inclusion in peacemaking, and develop guidance papers and briefs;
- Support the design, organisation and delivery of HD seminars, workshops and roundtables;
- Support the design and development of HD publications on gender and inclusion in peacemaking;
- May represent HD in external networks and donor events, as well as internal team retreats and operational settings;
- Assist in coordination with and management of consultants and partners.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in mediation, political affairs, or peacebuilding;
- Fluency and excellent writing skills in English; French, Spanish and/or Arabic are considered further assets;
- Strong understanding of peace and mediation processes, as well as current international peace and security issues;
- Strong understanding of, and preferably experience in, gender and inclusive conflict mediation;
- Good public speaking and presentation skills;
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills;
- Graphic design skills will be an asset;
- Tertiary education in a relevant field.
Personality: The successful candidate should be capable of communicating effectively across cultures and via remote means. S/he must be able to build and maintain relationships across the organisation and with key external partners, while prompting critical reflection. S/he must be highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and creativity as well as confidence in dealing with senior practitioners. S/he must be multi-tasking and capable of working autonomously, remotely and delivering timely results.
This role may require some travel.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send a complete file (CV, motivation letter, diplomas and work certificates) to the following address email@example.com by 25 June 2021. Please indicate Gender and Inclusion Project Associate in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment.