Finance Officer, Manila office
Based in Manila
Start date: 1 April or earlier
HD is currently looking for a Finance Officer for its Manila office.
Reporting to the Administration and Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform all internal controls related to accounting as per HD Internal Control System (ICS)
- Be responsible for daily encoding of transactions in the accounting system NAV, weekly/monthly cash inventories and bank reconciliations;
- Ensure payment requests are duly approved ;
- Ensure strict respect of deadlines, encoding rules, budget lines;
- Perform regular accounts review, balance sheet account reconciliation, vendor balances and payable taxes follow up;
- Ensure quality and timely accounting;
- S/he will link with project teams on invoices and expenses claims, reclassifications and cash advance, as well as accruals for statutory audits.
Recording and reporting
- Process all transactions in NAV on a daily basis, with a clear description as per HQ standards, relevant general ledger account, all compulsory analytical codes (ensuring coherence and relevance of these codes) and amounts in the relevant currency;
- Ensure monthly tasks are performed in a quality and timely manner according to HQ’s deadlines and instructions. Ensure vouchers are properly presented, stamped, numbered including all relevant & required approval signatures and any relevant and required supporting documents as per HD policy and donor contracts;
- Ensure that copies of cheques / proof of transfer are always attached to the voucher as a supporting document to prove payments;
- Ensure proper filing and archiving of payment vouchers, monthly liquidation reports according to HD policies (originals sorted by supplier / voucher number, including copies of monthly closing documents);
- Control the integrity of the transactions to be posted (signatures, supporting documents) before submission to the AFM;
- Support project and cost centre managers to ensure the integrity of project reports (internal & external);
- Support the AFM in the preparation of project financial reports and forecasts;
- Support the AFM in overseeing field office and partners on cash transfers, general bookkeeping, etc.;
- Prepare documents and assist during the statutory and project audits.
Payments and cash
- Check approval and prepare request for cash payments, cheque / transfer, to be submitted to the AFM;
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all bank accounts on a monthly basis;
- Process cash payments and record expenses in the office report as per HD accounting rules on a daily basis;
- Ensure payments to suppliers are performed in a strict but swift manner, in accordance with HD policy;
- Ensure petty cash boxes are properly handled and cashbooks maintained on a daily basis and prepare cash reconciliation on a monthly basis;
- Ensure adequate follow-up of staff, consultants and partners’ working advances and reconcile suppliers, consultants and employees accounts on a monthly basis;
- Ensure accurate preparation of monthly financial reports and mandatory government reports/remittances, i.e. BIR, SSS, Philhealth, HDMF & SEC, timely submission, and proper reconciliation;
- Ensure timely payment of all relevant taxes according to local legal obligations (taxes on consultants, permits, vat, etc.);
- Control and process expense claims as per HD travel policy and train staff and consultants on filling in HD expenses claims;
- Ensure full compliance with audit and internal control requirements.
Closing, audit and internal controls
- Support monthly/quarterly accounting close and year-end HD and local office statutory close in a timely manner;
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to prepaid expenses
- Prepare all journal entries for reclassifications
- Perform monthly or quarterly balance sheet accounts reconciliations, vendor balances and payable taxes reconciliations;
- Support the preparation of accrual files as per HD rule and liaise with project and costs centre managers accordingly;
- Liaise with HQ Accounting Manager for technical questions;
- Perform all internal controls as per HD Internal Control System (ICS) and specific instructions received from the AFM or HD Head of Finance ;
- Train and coach finance staff in field office and of partners;
- Provide help and support to the AFM in the areas of logistics, administration and HR in times of heavy workload or during absence of the AFM;
- ·Any other specific task upon request from the Supervisor.
- The relevant candidate should have:
- Professional course certification: CPA;
- Excellent excel skills and prior experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is required;
- Experience with accounting audits;
- 5-7 years work experience;
- Knowledge of ‘not-for-profit’ sector.
- A results-driven multi-tasker able to set priorities and able to meet deadlines;
- A person with good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- A team player, also with the ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure; hands on, with attention to details, precise.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above-described qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 15 March 2019 to HRPhilippines@hdcentre.org