Communication intern at 100%
Based in Geneva
Starting date: April 2021
Duration: 6 months
The Communication department oversees and co-ordinates all of HD’s communication matters, including external and media relations, internal communication, and the organisation’s brand.
HD seeks to recruit an Intern to join its Communication team in Geneva. Reporting to the Communication Officer, s/he will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining web content in French, English and Spanish (website; social media; SharePoint platform/Intranet);
- Maintain, compile, and clean-up press and mailing lists;
- Support the day-to-day monitoring of news relating to the organisation;
- Assist with regular communication tasks, including managing requests for information, disseminating press releases and producing new publications and archiving older publications;
- Assist in background research and production on press releases and other communication materials;
- Head the organisation of digital and physical communication archives.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Be a Masters candidate in Communications, Journalism, or Social Sciences
- Have a solid understanding of news and media production;
- Be adept in the use of social media platforms, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Be fluent in English (mandatory); have good working knowledge of Spanish and French would be an asset.
The successful applicant should be:
- A flexible team player;
- Able to multitask;
- Attentive to details;
- Dynamic and a fast-learner.
In compliance with Swiss regulations, HD will only consider applications where:
- The internship is required to obtain a diploma;
- The internship is undertaken after the completion of an initial course of study (Bachelor’s/Master’s degree) and is meant to help the intern choose a further course of study (Master’s/Doctoral degree) (an attestation from the second school will be requested);
- The candidate is currently doing a career transition within the framework of an official federal or cantonal scheme (unemployment internship programme).
The candidate will receive a stipend during his/her internship.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications described above, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 28 February 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate Communication Intern in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD is an equal opportunity employer.